Saturday 19 November 2011

Flying the coop...

A couple of months ago, the other half and I were lucky enough to find two acres of paradise near Cooma in the New South Wales Snowy Mountains. We moved in a few weeks ago and have been madly painting, planting, mowing etc. ever since. 


As well as being really excited about the move, I can't wait to explore our new home town and it's surrounds and the good news is family and friends in Cootamundra mean we wont lose our links to that area either.


Here are some springtime photos from Cooma...


Narlia the Aussie Bulldog

Bruno the Bull Mastiff


Our dogs Bruno and Narlia haven't been too bothered by the move...


Two new chickens for the flock
We have a couple of new chooks to join our old girls - their new run is pretty big and should be a nice home for them when it is done. Dan is in the process of building it and has the main poles and stays in, just waiting on some wire and they should be right to move in.


Chicken run
Cherries!

 Granny Smith Apples

Strawberries
We inherited some fruit trees and have also added some of our own - we are starting to see some fruit already which is exciting!


I look forward to sharing my Cooma adventures!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those dogs!! I need to see a map of Australia so I can see where all these places are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dogs are good fun and enjoying their new house. I'll try to learn how to add a map at some stage (still learning the art of blogging so might be awhile!).
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete