Friday 18 February 2011

Time for a Treechange! Leaving the coast for Cootamundra.

A couple of years ago, my husband and I had our quarter life crisis. We thought that it was time for a change and decided to go all out when we moved house. Rather than go a couple of suburbs away, we packed up our life and moved three hundred and fifty kilometers west. We left behind our east coast beachside city unit and landed in the small town of Cootamundra, NSW. (Cootamundra is nestled on the south west slopes about half way between Sydney and Melbourne.)


The area is famous for its wheat, canola and lamb but the further I have looked, the more local produce, wineries and great restaurants I have found. My plan is to keep on learning and exploring and share the little gems I find so that everyone can experience what country Australia has to offer. Even if you don't plan to move here forever, I hope I can tickle your tastebuds enough to convince a visit!



Canola Field - Cootamundra, NSW
Canola near Cootamundra, NSW
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my "A Passion for Food" Blog..was very excited to get a comment! Love the photos on your blog, they look great. Do you have Rick Steins Cook Book, Far Eastern Odyssey? If not I would highly recommend it if you like Asian food. Not always easy to get the ingredients but the internet is great for ordering these days! Good luck with your blog. Susy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susy - I love Asian food and Rick Stein so think you have inspired me to buy the book!

    ReplyDelete