Monday 11 April 2011

Uneke Lounge, Wagga Wagga

Uneke Lounge, Wagga Wagga
The Style: Uneke Lounge in Wagga is a trendy little eatery in Wagga Wagga, NSW attached to a gift and home wares shop which goes by the same ‘Uneke’ brand. Uneke's exposed brick walls, leather couches and fireplace create an inviting atmosphere and the wall hangings add some vintage glam. The seating at Uneke Café  includes long tables and clustered couches which invite mingling between people, however, when I was there for breakfast, most offered a quick smile before burying their noses into the complimentary magazines and newspapers.


The taste: the menu offers up standard café fare including burgers, steak sandwiches and wraps. The bircher muesli which I ordered from the breakfast menu was a standout – it was presented beautifully and fortunately, there was not a hint of the gluggy blandness which some mueslis offer up. On the lunch menu, the lamb salad was extremely tasty although not very pretty to look at. The burgers get the nod of approval too.


Bircher Muesli, Uneke Lounge, Wagga Wagga

For the sweet tooths, the cake cabinet here is so enticing and I couldn’t resist picking up a cupcake to go. Pretty as a picture!


Cupcake, Uneke Lounge

The service: Service here is professional and friendly. The orders are taken fast but I did have to wait almost thirty minutes for my breakfast. The café didn’t look that busy at the time so I was not expecting the delay – lucky the flavour made it worth the wait!


Uneke Lounge, Wagga Wagga

The price: Prices here are on par with other cafes in the country. Lunch for two with drinks comes in around the $50 mark. To see full menus, click here.

The location: Uneke Café is located at 140 Fitzmaurice St in Wagga Wagga, NSW. Mon-Wed 8:30 - 5:30. Thur - Sat 8:30 - 10:00pm. Breakfast on Sunday.

Uneke Lounge on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Wow I've never seen muesli look that appealing! That cupcake is gorgeous I wouldn't have been able to resist it either. Every time we eat in Wagga it's usually maccas for our little one! Might have to change that though.
    I got an email yesterday about the story that the Coota herald is doing on your blog- congrats! I want to thank you so much for mentioning my blog in your interview, Jennette has requested an interview with me now too because of your mention. It's nice getting positive feedback & encouragements.
    I'm off to buy the paper today to read the article about you!

    Thanks again, I really apreciate it!
    Katie of Sweet Rustic

    http://sweetrustic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you Heidi, love your blog.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, glad you like it! Thanks for checking it out.

    Katie, no problem at all, let me know when your story hits the Herald!

    ReplyDelete