Monday 25 July 2011

Winter is Citrus Season!

Navel oranges

I was lucky enough to inherit two very happy citrus trees when I made the tree-change to Cootamundra. They sit happily unnoticed throughout most of the year but at the moment they are just BURSTING with fresh juicy fruit - the navel orange tree in particular is having a massive year although the lemon is taking a bit easier this time around.

I have said it before but will say it again - if you have the chance to grow some of your own fruit or vegetables, do it! The taste will truly blow you away and you can sleep easy knowing that no harmful pesticides have worked their way into your fruit.

Navel oranges


I don't cook much but my husband is a bit of a whiz in the kitchen and I have included a pic of the lemon meringue pie he made using our lemons - if you have any other good recipes using citrus, why not add a comment sharing them with me?
Lemon Meringue Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment