Thursday 1 September 2011

Blu Ginger Indian Cuisine, Canberra City

Blu Ginger, Canberra
The Style: When you walk into Blu Ginger, it is hard to miss the huge patterned wall which is pretty spectacular. The restaurant has super-high ceilings held up by concrete pillars. The more plain wall is also pretty spectacular with a huge orange lotus design. The night I visited, there were also beautiful flowers on the front counter - the whole place screamed modern, fresh and fun.
Lamb Rogan Josh, Blu Ginger, Canberra
Vegetable Korma, Blu Ginger, Canberra
The taste: The menu at Blu Ginger is relatively small compared to some Indian restaurants I have been to but I think that is a good thing - better to have less dishes done beautifully than many which fail. The menu has all of the classics - butter chicken, vindaloo, rogan josh and korma. There is also a decent vegetarian selection, some seafood and if you are feeling just a little bit adventurous, a goat curry. 


Every single thing I ate here was absolutely delicious. Just thinking about the tender, tasty lamb is making my mouth water right now!


Garlic Naan, Blu GInger, Canberra

Rice, Blu Ginger, Canberra
The service: The wait-staff at Blu Ginger had that strange quality of being almost invisible. They managed to take our order quickly and politely and get the food out in good time but they did it in such an unobtrusive way that I barely noticed them. (I think that is a compliment?)
Blu Ginger, Canberra
The crowd: Even on the chilly mid-week night when I visited, Blu Ginger was still pumping. There were a few parties as well as a really diverse mix of people packing the tables - people finishing work, couples and families were all there and all looking pretty pleased with their meals.


The price: Entrees at Blu Ginger range from $6.90 - $24.90(this end of the price scale includes platters). Mains range from $12.90 - 21.90 and side dishes are from $3-$4.


The Location: Blu Ginger Indian Cuisine is located at 5 Genge Street, Canberra City.


Useful links:
Blu Ginger

Blu Ginger on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.For more information please visit
    Restaurant in Tuggeranong

    ReplyDelete